Sunday 8 May 2011

Perception and Communication


When i first started at university my first perception on my lecturers were considered strict, as i continued my judgement appeared to be wrong. lecturers at university are as helpful as they need to be, i think my judgement was built upon my expectations of sixth form, and so hadn't had time to realise that university was about me finding my way and helping myself learn, the lecturers were just there as a starting point to help me find my way. they communicated clearly with me through lectures and helped me learn the basics for my assignments, in a way that laid out enough help to know how i should continue with studies. the article i looked at was 'How to improve staff communication'. it helped me realise that next year i will know what to expect and that i need to avoid my first judgements and just follow what i need to do.
With in university people need to be able to (3) engage the people. this is important in lectures at university in order for the students to learn as much as they can from lecturers, if the students are engaged into what the lecturer is saying then they are more likely to take in what is said, and use that on their assignments to ensure the best possible grades. (5) keep the personal touch. if students and the university are on a personal level the communication between them is much more relaxed and students will feel much more comfortable with working at the university. (7) measure your results. if the university took more time measuring the the results of the students and pushing those who struggle a little more then the communication may be increased when the students feel more comfortable and able to talk to the lecturers about help if they are struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment